AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test)
All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) is a medical entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. The AIPMT entrance exam allows class XII students to sit in a single entrance examination and get admission to almost all medical colleges in India, including private medical colleges.
Every year around 6 lakhs students appear for AIPMT and competing for only 2503 seats.
In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum CUT-OFF marks in ‘All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
All admissions to MBBS/BDS courses within the respective categories are based solely on marks obtained in the AIPMT exam.
AIPMT Eligibility Details
- Those who want to appear in the AIPMT entrance exam must have passed Class XII examination or its equivalent qualifying examination from a recognized board or university.
- Those who are appearing in the Class XII final or equivalent examination may also appear in the AIPMT exam.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the time of admission or on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year of MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for a candidate seeking admission under 15% All India Quota seats in Government Medical Colleges through All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes, though there is no upper age limit for candidates appearing in the AIPMT for State Quota seats. However, admission shall be subject to the prevailing norms in each State/UT.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually. The candidates from the other categories must have obtained minimum 50% marks taken together in PCB at the qualifying exam.
AIPMT Paper Pattern
AIPMT Exam question paper consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only.
Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect answer, 01 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Syllabus is based on chapters of NCERT XI & XII.
We have two programs for AIPMT Entrance Exam Preparation – 1 Year Weekend and Crash Programmes.